We love that the Oldham County Fair offers the flair of a larger scale fair, but with a small town community atmosphere! Here are our 7 FUN Reasons to visit!
- $10 for fair admission to the different entertainment scheduled and unlimited midway rides! No waiting in long ride ticket lines when you get there. Children 3 and under are FREE. If they want to participate in the age appropriate rides, care-givers will need to purchase individual ride tickets for them.
- Fair rides, games and food! There are rides for thrill-seekers and rides for younger children, too. Take it easy on the Ferris wheel or go crazy on the thrilling fire ball ride! The fair has usual fair food with corn dogs, funnel cakes and cotton candy or visitors can buy food from other food vendors.
- Take a walk through the exotic animal petting zoo. Learn about different animals or take a pony or camel ride!
- Oldham County residents can enjoy or enter the different contests going on during the fair. Competitions include several categories such as best floral arrangement, photography, wine, jam, cake, bread, quilts and so much more! Choose your competition: Floral, Home & Family Arts or Agriculture. Cash prizes are given to the winners. Other competitions include pageants too! Enjoy the pageantry of residents ranging from baby to Miss! Boys and girls are in the pageants! There is also a Mom of the Year, Dad of the Year and Special Needs competition.
- Pack a lawn chair and maybe even some earplugs for the nightly racing scheduled. Sit on top of the hill and watch such races as Motocross, Demolition Derby or Dirt Drag.
- Music & Entertainment are planned during the fair also. A magic show, 4-H activities and local teen bands and other music can be enjoyed. Walk around the fair to learn more about local businesses, community services, leaders and more.
- Support your community and show pride in Oldham County!
The Fairgrounds is located at 2401 West Hwy 146 in LaGrange.
The 2016 Fair is August 2-6.