- Oldham County Day is always celebrated the 3rd Saturday in July, 9am-4pm in LaGrange.
- Watch the parade in Downtown LaGrange near the Courthouse Square on Saturday morning. The parade route usually begins near LaGrange Elementary School on West Jefferson Street, takes a right on Walnut Street and then a right down Main Street to end at Main & 5th Avenue near the elementary school again. The parade usually starts around 10am. Make sure you arrive early to find a great spot to watch the parade! Anticipate seeing local school marching bands, tractors, horses, fire trucks, church, local business and other group floats that match the parade's theme for the year. Kids are also invited to decorate their bikes and ride in the parade!
- Check out the over 120 booths on the courthouse square. Many of the booths feature local businesses and organizations in the Oldham County area. Meet local politicians, learn more about locally owned businesses, churches, maybe get a freebie or enter a raffle! Food and drinks are also on the courthouse square. In the past, a lot of the booths had kid-friendly giveaways (like Dairy Queen ice cream coupons), bounce houses and balloon artists and visitors saw living statues, wild west gun fights and could participate in a cupcake eating contest. It's definitely worth checking out the courthouse square after the parade!
- Listen to music while you're at the festival. The Friday before OC Day, there is usually a street dance with live music hosted by the City of LaGrange. Check the Facebook page for updates on the entertainment they have lined up. Entertainment is usually 5-9pm.
- Arrive early for parking! Look for information on shuttles that run from the shopping centers located on Hwy 53. (We have not heard of any shuttles running in 2016.) You can also sometimes find parking along the side streets surrounding the square and some local resident's open their property (sometimes for a fee).
- Enjoy a pancake breakfast on Saturday morning at the LaGrange Community Center on Jefferson Street. There is a cost for the breakfast. It usually starts at 7am.
- And of course, always check out the other businesses in LaGrange! A lot of the businesses and restaurants have special hours and activities during Oldham County Day!
Make sure you check the official Oldham County Day website and Facebook page for updates on this special event. We wanted to allow our readers to have a general idea of what to expect during Oldham County Day, but realize that activities, event times and entertainment acts are subject to change each year.